Thursday, December 20, 2007

Week Before Christmas

I have learned that whenever I hear the sound of water splishing and splashing, it is cause for concern. The first time, a few weeks ago, Myles had crawled his way into the laundry room (post bath, in his pajamas), found Juniper's water bowl, and was happily dunking his right arm in the frothy waters. Yuck. His face was sprinkled and grinning. So we cleaned the hand and arm, wiped the face, changed the p.j.s and away to bed he went. This afternoon, he happily charged past me on another exploration. I didn't pay it too much attention, since we have liberally baby proofed the first floor and I am more vigilant than ever about making sure the baby gate is up in front of the steps. Again, I heard splish splash. And yet I vividly remembered shutting the laundry room door. I turned the corner to find him happily immersed in the toilet. Again that offending right hand, splishing and splashing as he held up the toilet seat cover with his other hand. Yuck. He's a curious and determined little guy. On another note, he tried my lentil soup this week and liked it! Good boy.

I wanted to share with all of you the good news that my dad has an appointment to consult with MD Anderson on January 4th. We are very happy that he finally has a date! And now he and my mom can settle in for their visit in Wyoming, they are out there until the 1st. For those of you who want to keep up with my dad's caring bridge website, go to:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bobvoss
and click on "subscribe to journal update notification" under the "Journal" section. We appreciate all of your continued thoughts, words, and prayers...how do people do it without good friends?

We head to New Jersey on Sunday, then we will return to the mountains for a New Year's celebration with our ASP friends. One little glitch is that the Sunday closest to New Year's is one that my colleague Joe always takes off. So I am usually "on." This year I am not preaching, which I am grateful for (don't get me wrong, I love to preach, but it's a bit much coming out of the holidays), but I will be leading service. So that means I can't get to the cabin on Saturday as Seth would like. But two days is better than one, the glass is half full...anyhow we are looking forward to seeing longtime friends, new babies, and Seth's incredible moves on the dance floor.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karson said...

Can't wait to see you guys and Seth's new dance moves! :) Travel safely!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home