Monday, November 26, 2007

Finnian James


Whew. My mom finally called with news from my sister. Finnian James Schaffer was born at 5 lbs 13 oz, 18 inches long...sweet boy! My sister delivered VBAC, which means vaginal birth after cesarian. After many long talks between the two of us about how much cesarian birth sucks and how we would hope, plot, and plan for a VBAC, she did it!! With the help of a skilled doula and midwife, I might add. Brian did make it to the hospital for the birth. Turns out she delivered an hour and a half after arriving at the hospital. He is now with Finn as Finn gets checked out to make sure his lungs and other organs are in working order. My mom said my sister sounded happy and alert (and hungry!). My folks are due to fly out on December 18th (thinking they would arrive well before the baby arrived), and they can't push it up because my dad gets a scan on Friday and the results on Tuesday. This scan is a big deal, so please pray for him or keep him in your thoughts. Anyhow, I am so glad that Brenna had a vaginal birth because I know her recovery time will be so much quicker and easier, and my mom will not be out there to help these first weeks. I will post a photo of Finn just as soon as I have one! In the meantime, I'll give another glimpse of sweet Myles.

2 Comments:

Blogger tongue-tied said...

Thank god for your blog, Mandy! I have been waiting for Brian to call me back since his original call around 1:15pm EST today. I've been worried but now I'm so glad to hear that Finnian is healthy and here (albeit a bit early!) and that Brenna was successful with her VBAC - that is such great news.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Kara Melissa said...

Wow, so much has happened since I last checked in! I am happy to read about Finn's birth and that all is well. I will keep your dad in my prayers. I hope we get to speak soon.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home