Thursday, October 23, 2008

Land of Sky


For several months I have been exploring the possibility of creating a new UCC church in the Black Mountain area. I've been in conversation with UCC leadership on the conference and association levels, and also with Sara, a youngish mama like myself who is ordained pending a call in the UCC and interested in co-leading a core group of folks to help discern the mission and vision of this new church. As we gather this core circle, we are also in the process of completing paperwork to submit to a UCC committee, and will soon begin to do some research in Black Mountain so that we can confirm whether it's the right location for this new endeavor.
While it's a difficult season following my dad's death, he offered me his unwavering blessing in support of this ministry a few weeks before he died. I remember the excitement in his voice and his deep belief in my ministry and abilities, and I know that out of troubled times can come rare opportunities for growth, change, and the birth of something new.
I look forward to keeping you informed as this takes shape and unfolds. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
P.S. Many thanks to Seth for creating the beautiful logo...

4 Comments:

Blogger Brenna and Brian said...

WOW! You are one smart, talented and passionate woman! So proud that you are my sister :) I look forward to hearing more about this as it all unfolds. What an amazing opportunity and career ahead of you!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Just the note I've been looking for - I'm thrilled for you and all of this possibility!

8:29 PM  
Blogger p-fitz said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! This is absolutely the right path for you Mandy. This is so exciting. I'm so proud of you! And Seth's artwork is amazing.

6:04 AM  
Blogger tongue-tied said...

Congratulations, Mandy (and Seth, for that truly beautiful logo)!! I believe this must be your path - it so suits you to start your own church. Best of luck to you. Your dad is so proud, I just know it.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home