Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Voss Family Update


I want to post a quick update on my dad, followed by another update on my recent travel trip for work. First, my dad. I spoke with him this morning, and he has had such difficulty with solid foods that for now he is sticking with liquids. As always, he sounds upbeat even though I can tell he's also tired. He continues to lose weight and weaken (no more walks around the block), but still has the energy to go up and down the steps and sit outside to take in the gorgeous fall southern sun. The weather is positively beautiful, and I can tell that these are the small things that make all the difference to my dad right now.
Our family will leave tomorrow to go back to Knoxville. My sister and her family will arrive in Nashville (my mom's picking them up there) tomorrow as well. We are bringing a video camera which we hope to use to ask my dad some questions so that he can offer his advice and a little bit of himself to his grandkids down the road. He has agreed to this, and I am very grateful.
Myles is eager to be with his cousins again (not to mention Grandma!), and there's no place I'd rather be than with family. My dad seems to be very much at peace. When I called this morning he was listening to the Bible on a cd that friends had gotten for him. He often begins his morning this way these days. Because he is at peace, I am able to accept far more than I imagined I would, and I too am able to be at peace (well, God has something to do with that as well). I am not anxious about my dad's death, just grateful to be spending some more time with him before he goes home to God. Continue to appreciate your prayers, I'll try to keep the blog updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home