Sunday, October 24, 2010

Strummin' for the Peeps, Playdough Super Heroes, and More...


I have several really beautiful photos of Myles that I'm dying to share...but I don't know how to load pics from my camera to my lap top and our desk top is dying a slow death. Seth promises he will show me how to do it, so I promise new photos soon! In the meantime, this fall sunset's not too bad...I didn't take it, but I do love it. Our October weather has been flawless (except that the lack of rain has us back in a drought)...yesterday we ate lunch outside and I was wearing a tank top. Every day is sunny and warm, with cool breezes and a little chill at night that makes our quilt all the warmer. I love the mountains in October. After church today we went to the Eliada Homes corn maze, and Myles rode in an old wagon pulled by some beautiful Clydesdale horses, played in a "corn" box (a sand box filled with dried corn), and rode behind a tractor. Good times. Seth brought me a mysterious wrapped up treat that looked like a homemade doughnut and said, "eat it." And lo and behold, I had my first fried Oreo cookie. What would my life be like without Seth?

Mylestones: Is it possible that my child grew smarter and sweeter this week? It happens so fast. His cheeks are diminishing, that's the only thing I hate about growing closer to four. But he is keeping us laughing, becoming more independent all the time, and offering regular lectures about life according to Myles (this includes subjects as varied as whose turn it is to drive the car to what he would like to do with the day). He regularly exercises his new found authority with Juniper by closing her in rooms (or out of them) and then "checking on her" by asking if she knows why she's being shut in/out. A lecture on proper dog behavior ensues. Who is this kid? He picks out his clothes every day, transitioned into a "big boy" car seat, and is helpful around the house when he feels like it...

Myles Says: Here are two conversations from today...you can see how amusing life with Myles is on a daily basis.

Myles: "My guitar shirt has reminded me that I want to play guitar." (Goes and gets guitar). "Can I bring my guitar to Target? Because I need to play it for the people."
Me: "Why do you need to play it for the people?"
Myles: "When they pick up trash and throw it in the garbage can, I'll play for them so they feel good."

On the way home from target we passed Tod's, a local restaurant a few blocks from our house, and saw a man sitting outside alone. Myles said, "I guess that man will sit all alone in the dark at Tod's." He reminds me so much of Seth when he says these kinds of things...he notices people and cares about how they are. He said this statement in a sad sorta way, like he felt bad for that guy being all alone at night.

At Target we got him a play dough set that includes a super hero mold, and so he began to make superheroes of varying colors. When he realized they didn't stand up by themselves he said, "Well, I'll just lay them down so they can rest so they can get strong enough to stand."

Well, that's all for now....will get some new pics up soon! And if you haven't voted, GO VOTE! Take advantage of early voting, it's so easy and convenient.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kara Melissa said...

Such a funny and insightful kid. So glad I got to meet him this summer.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home