Saturday, July 17, 2010

Internal Clocks

Here's a picture of Myles at Splashville, the new water feature that's opened up just outside the front of the city building (conveniently where we go to drop off Seth at work every day). Myles loves it, and in this July heat getting wet is key. It's been a challenge to keep up with my running simply because it's so hot and humid outside, even at 6:30am when I set out. I'm ready for another cool snap.

It's been a week. We lost a member of our congregation last weekend, and it happened unexpectedly (she was 60). Her daughter's family has been a regular part of our community for the last year, and so we've been grieving with them, culminating in a memorial service last night.

Mylestones: This week, Myles transitioned from crying in the morning when we dropped him off at preschool ("I don't want you to gooooo") to crying when we come to pick him up ("I don't wanna goooo"). I guess this is a good transition. We know he's been enjoying class from the start because he resists leaving when we come to pick him up, but still, morning after morning, he hasn't wanted to go. This week he finally wanted to go first thing, but then he didn't want to come home, so there was some crying, some screaming, and yes, some body spasms on the floor. That's been my experience of raising a child...trading one challenge for the next.

Myles Says: On the other hand, he's saying all kinds of sweet and hilarious things that keep us loving life with a child. This week I got him a book at the library called "My Daddy is a Pretzel" about yoga for parents and kids. I came home from an evening meeting to see Seth squatting on the rug with his tongue out (lion pose). Myles knows lots of the poses, and there's nothing like a three year old body in downward facing dog. The other night, Myles was stepping into the bathtub and he paused and said, "Oh man, not again! I gotta go poop, just like last time." Seth began explaining to him that his body has an "internal clock" that tells him when it's time to eat, sleep, pee and poop. Myles looked at me (now on the potty) with wonder and solemnly said, "I've got a clock in my belly. I've got a clock in my butt."

Happy Saturday...we're off to the Farmer's Market!

1 Comments:

Blogger speedsquare26 said...

That kid cracks me up!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home