Friday, April 23, 2010

Presidential Visit


Okay for those of you who haven't heard the news...the Obamas are vacationing in Asheville this weekend. They will be staying a the Grove Park Inn, which is just down the road from Myles' pre-school. Seth and I are addicted to the Mountain X twitter feed and Aville Citizen-Times blog that's providing up-to-date information about exactly where they are in town. They went to 12 Bones for barbecue lunch...12 bones is less than a mile from our house, and the presidential motorcade (or whatever it's called) will be driving literally 4 blocks away from my house. I'm keeping a camera in my purse all weekend in case we bump into the Obamas!

I've had the chance to see both of the Obamas before...I first heard the President speak when I attended a Sojourners' conference in Washington DC. I was in the second pew, just behind the reserved seating. That was before he was a presdential candidate, of course, so it was easier to get within range. Then we heard Michelle Obama speak when she was on the campaign trail. We took Myles and told him that he was listening to someone very important, the next first lady (as if he knew what that meant). We were right!

Will let you know if we have any Obama or motorcade sightings this weekend. How cool is it that I live in a city where the President wants to vacation, even after he's been wined and dined in some of the most exciting cities in the world? I do live in a cool place. Btw, I had 12 bones for dinner last night (went to a meeting where it was catered). I don't eat meat, but they do some mean sweet potatoes and green beans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home