Wednesday, April 02, 2008

New P.J.s



It's a tiring week. Have I mentioned that my job at the church ends on May 31st? Yep. I am applying for the full time associate pastor position that will replace my part time minister of christian education position, but there's no guarantees. And it makes me a little stressed out and emotional some nights. Seth assures me that I must be the best looking candidate in the bunch, so at least I have that. ("That" being a loving husband who knows just what to say when I'm blue).

We inherited a used jog stroller this week, and Seth has taken Myles on some 5 mile runs in the balmy evenings we've been having this week. I have some sweet photos of my nephews that I need to post from our Easter weekend, but I'm too exhausted to find them.

Myles got a new pair of pjs this weekend as he outgrows his old ones. The Littlest Bird was having an anniversary of their opening sale, and so I went for these organic, soft, stretchy pjs that are like heaven to snuggle with. The other photo is Myles walking with a piece of his floor puzzle in his mouth. For one night he was fascinated with carrying that thing around in his mouth all night, and very proud when he mastered walking behind his walker with it in his mouth at the same time. He's walking more and more every day. And talking a lot too, still no decipherable words. Today he pooped in the tub. I guess that's about all that's new with us.

It was wonderful to see my sister and meet my new nephew Finn (which I'll say more about in the next post). Kaleb was his sweet self, just taller. My mom made birds nests with him out of rice krispy treats (for the nest part), green coconut (for the grass in the nest), and jelly beans (for the eggs in the nest). And Ashton, Kaleb, and Cullen did an Easter egg hunt in my parents' back yard. My dad is doing really well. He goes back to MD Anderson later this month to get all the tests again, to see if he will stay on this chemo, which is what we hope.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brenna and Brian said...

Those are some really cute pictures! So funny that Myles carries that puzzle around in his mouth! More than just great looks, you have got to be the most talented, passionate and intelligent candidate for the job miss Manda Lou! I'm sure you'll get it! Oh, and we are jealous of the evening jogs...it's still 10 degrees here and snowy!
Love,
Bren

6:59 PM  
Blogger PCJ said...

I was so tempted to buy about 5,000 different things from the Littlest Bird. I think I try to live vicariously through the snuggliness of my child's clothes.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home