Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Election Results



Well, I'm online listening to CNN live waiting on the election results.

So I thought I'd share this with you...in a city parking garage I spotted these two bumper stickers next to one another:

[confederate flag graphic] "I don't need your permission to honor my ancestors"

"Friends don't let friends eat imported shrimp"

So. Chew on that...we've got folks all over the spectrum here in Asheville.

Yesterday I learned that Myles really does understand what I'm saying. He was standing up in the tub and I asked him "How about 1-2-3?" (1-2-3 for those who don't know is when we count to three and then pour water over his head, as he kicks and squeals with delight). He got very excited and handed me the cup. I said, "well, you have to sit down for 1-2-3" and he immediately sat down. In case it was coincidence I tried it a few minutes later with the same results. Earlier, after a nap, I asked him "would you like to give Junie a pat pat?" Often after his nap we come out of his room and pet Juniper who is laying on the couch. As soon as I said that, he got a huge smile on his face, and I put him down, he walked over to Juniper and gave her a nice pat pat. Wow!

well, still no results. we'll see...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

OMG - I must come witness all of this activity soon. Myles is so big!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home