Sunday, April 13, 2008

Beautiful Spring



This weekend, the weather was finally incredible...no rain and warm. Myles and I made two treks downtown, once to go out to eat and once for some frozen custard. (As a side note, I am in a parenting covenant group at church and we are reading a book called "The Blessing of a Skinned Knee" and we just read the chapter called "the blessing of food." I was reminded that I can err a bit on the health-nut-food-nazi side so I decided to load Myles up on sugary custard and feel good about it!) A few photos...Myles with a phone in each hand. Why toddlers obsess over electronics, I will never understand. Really, I didn't think it would start this early. And then, Myles with calamine lotion all over his sweet little chicken-pocked face. The good news is, we are totally out of the woods, he was able to go to kindermusik yesterday and church today. Just a few tiny scabs, no scars. I'm so glad it's over!!

Out on a walk this week, I noticed that the good weather is bringing everyone out of doors, which means it's people watching season once again in Asheville. And there are few better places that I enjoy watching people than in my own town. A few sightings: a man out mowing his lawn with a grey/white goatee long enough that it blew around in the wind alongside his pony tail; a little girl about 3 with a haircut that I can only describe as mullet-punk (she was out with her tatooed dad); a group of professional bikers in spandex (in Asheville, there's always inspiration to get more active). Oh, how I love my town! I am getting some serious exercise with these daily walks that typically run between 15-30 minutes, sometimes longer. Still only making yoga about once a week, although I think it's about the best stress reliever I know of.

Myles has begun to show a stubborn addiction to going outside. I am trying to teach him the sign for it, thinking he'll want to use it, but instead he just goes to the big sliding door that leads to our backyard and bangs on it with both hands and grunts distinctively. I know exactly what he means. Seth and I finally got the gravel into our new front walk way today. We will pour concrete over it. However, given our busy schedules and attention to this project, the grass has not yet been mowed and I think our neighbors are officially entitled to begin hating on us. Juniper thinks she's out in the bush as she leaps through tall grasses in our backyard. We'll get to it...

My mom is coming to town tomorrow night to be with Myles while I go down to Atlanta to speak on a panel at the Women in Theology and Ministry graduation dinner at Candler. It's so nice to be invited to these things! (And even nicer that it's an excuse to invite my mom over to spend two solitary days with Myles). They will have a blast...

Well, that's all the news for now...get out there and enjoy that weather (if you have it)!

1 Comments:

Blogger p-fitz said...

Spring is here in CT too. Our magnolia tree is just starting to bloom, which reminds me of you Voss b/c you were here the week it was in bloom a couple of years ago (newly pregnant with Myles at the time!).

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home