Sunday, July 08, 2007

He's a redhead!



It's been too long since the last post...a busy few weeks we've had. On the 4th of July we went to our next door neighbor's house for an outdoor gathering of her extended family and lots of meaty food (Seth liked that, I enjoyed the coconut pie!), then we went to a church family's farm for good vegetarian food and a black plastic slip and slide for kids and adventurous adults...guess which adult slipped and slid in our family??? He has bruises to prove it. Myles and I fell asleep just as the fireworks started. Juniper, on the other hand, had to get some love from Seth, she was very freaked out by the noisy fireworks. My folks came for a visit on Friday, and that's where these lovely photos come from. We went with them to the farmers market on Saturday, and it was awesome! I hadn't been there in years, and Seth had never been. We got some juicy peaches, beautiful corn on the cob, and fresh bread. We might try to make a pit stop there on our way to the beach to get our produce for the trip...that way it's local, fresh, and cheap! We leave for the beach on Saturday, and will be in Isle of Palms for a week with my folks, my sister's family, and my brother's family. 4 boys (ages 3 and under), two pregnant mamas (I'm not one of them!), and two dogs (one with no eyes...poor old Tasha!). It will be lots of fun. We've been jokingly wondering if all of us can survive a week in one large beach house...I'll let you know how it turns out. I preached this morning, which seems to tire me out more than a typical Sunday, so I'm eager to head to bed. Seth is building bookshelves in Myles' room for the crazy number of books he has. Hope all of you are well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karson said...

I love reading your updates! Don't get into any jellyfish at Isle of Palms! Ha! Have fun!

7:50 AM  
Blogger p-fitz said...

I could have talked you into using the slip and slide Voss.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home