Monday, July 23, 2007

Beautiful Isle of Palms




We're back. Isle of Palms was beautiful and hot, muggy and an adventure! We stayed in a beach house with my folks, my sister's family, and my brother's family. It was a little cramped, and Seth and I got flooded out of our bedroom on the last night due to a wild storm, but it definitely served its purpose. The pool behind the house was like bath water, and Myles enjoyed some time paddling around in his new, shady crab float. Check him out in his orange swimsuit (with millions of layers of invisible suntan lotion). I think he could be in a commercial. We made it to the beach nearly every day. Myles got used to falling asleep for the evening in his stroller as we strolled down the sidewalk or beach, listening to the ocean. No jelly fish stings or shark encounters, though I did spot one jelly fish washed up on the shore. It made me think of poor Karson who was stung so badly all those years ago on our ASP beach trip! The final photo is of all the cousins. My sister's son, Kaleb, is the blond. The other baby is Cullen, who turns one this week, and his older brother is Ashton...both my brother's boys, and they have a third boy due in October. Whew! We learned quickly that living with four kids is not a quiet affair, especially in the evenings. Myles caught a cold just before they left (someone told me that's Murphy's Law for kids) and proceeded to spread it to every single person on the trip. It's still hanging on (like the sticky boogies coming out of his nose) and I hope it will go away soon. We'll write more about our trip and post more photos soon! We had a great time, and it was a gift (as always) to be at the beach and witness the amazing ocean. Myles liked digging his fingers and toes into the sand mud. Ooh, and we also gave him his first solid food at the beach, a gruel-looking rice cereal that he sucked right down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

All those boys! What a treat to all be together.. thanks for letting us know how it went.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Karson said...

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun! And I'm glad there were no jellyfish stings!

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home