Tuesday, May 01, 2007

sleepless in Asheville



It's funny what lack of sleep does to you...for those of you who are our ASP friends, you may recall a little something like lack of sleep from our summers on ASP, and this is kind of like that, only you don't get Saturdays to sleep in. And if you're breastfeeding most of your sleep is interrupted sleep so you never get that really deep sleep your body craves. Given the troubles I had sleeping while pregnant, I figure I haven't really slept well in a year. But it seems like there's always something about the morning that encourages me to cut my losses, get out of bed, and go to work any way. These photos were taken at my folks' house. Seth had a work trip to Chattanooga last weekend, so he dropped Myles and I off in Knoxville. When I saw these photos, I was shocked at how big Myles is looking these days. He's so precious!

Myles will be dedicated at church on June 3rd...as part of the morning service, he will formally be welcomed into our community of faith. We decided not to baptize him, because we want him to be able to make that decision for himself when he's older. We have asked our friends Colleen and Tom to be his god-parents...actually I like the spanish "comadre/copadre" word for it better. At any rate, they said yes. We are very blessed to have good friends in our city who love Myles and want to be a part of his life.

Well, back to work. I think the little one has awakened (again).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home