Friday, March 30, 2007

Mylestones


A few new photos for you...one is a photo of Myles sleeping with his new friend Geoffrey the giraffe, a sweet gift from my Aunt Penny. Geoffrey has a giraffe head and a very soft blankie body, which Myles loves...I think they will snuggle together for years to come! We are now in a more regular schedule of sometimes taking afternoon naps while mama works at the computer. It's lovely when it works, and when it doesn't Myles gets to go in the sling or bjorn and work with me! Did I mention that this past week he had a night when he woke up only once? It was amazing when that alarm went off and I realized he didn't wake up a second time! It's been several days since that happened, but I'm confident it will happen again some day. Last week I started back to work, with Myles at the morning out program 3 mornings each week. We leave him in the care of Iva Leigh (who's been at this job for 18 years, she's a southern grandmother who loves holding babies!) and Amber (who has an infant in Myles' infant class). There are about 6 babies in the class. We don't like leaving him, and by pick up time I am very anxious to get my hands on him! At the same time, being back at work is a blessing, I just love what I do and I think it's good for me to get out of the house. Myles also had his first shot this week. Luckily, there seemed to be no allergic reaction so we were thankful for that. He cried for about 5 seconds and I cried for a few minutes...a theme seems to be emerging here, as the same thing happened when we dropped him off at the morning out program for the first time.

On another note, our house is moving along! After many frustrations with things left undone and finish carpenters who didn't exactly make the grade, one of the guys from Carolina cornerstone (our general contractor) has decided to come out and get it done himself. And he's been at it for several days, doing quality work and getting things done. Seth also finished the fence out back so Juniper has been out for the first time today to explore her new yard unencumbered by a leash. Incidentally, we discovered she's eaten a few baby wipes when she had some trouble taking care of business in the back yard. I'm hoping it was a clean wipe that she ate, but I wouldn't bet on it.

More news and photos to come when we report on the Hendler visit from last weekend! For now, I'm off to hear one of my favorite poets, Mary Oliver, speak at UNCA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home