Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Voss Family News

This week we received some difficult news...my dad has been diagnosed with sarcoma, and has a mass in his abdomen that will be surgically removed on Friday. The doctor believes it's 90% likely that the tumor is malignant. So this week has been a flurry of tests for my dad...everything from chest x-rays and blood work to a stomach scope and colonoscopy in order to determine whether the cancer is isolated in the tumor or whether it's spread. So far, so good...it looks as if it's isolated, and we are hoping that's the case. This news was pretty shocking to me, as my dad has always been so healthy (eats well, exercises, goes to all his doctor's appointments) and I guess I still had this idea that somehow he'd be exempt from all serious illness because of his good health. But my folks have a very positive attitude going into Friday's surgery, and Seth, Myles, and I will head to TN on Friday to be with family for the weekend and visit my dad in the hospital. A colleague of mine mentioned that in the midst of it all, Myles will continue to bring joy...and so I'm thinking of him as a little joy-giver who has the amazing blessing of spreading joy wherever he goes just by virtue of being a sweet, chubby baby. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. We love you, dad!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kara Melissa said...

I will keep your dad in my prayers, as well as the rest of you. Safe journeys. Myles looks so amazing in the photos. I'm thinking of you and checking in on your blog daily!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home