Monday, February 26, 2007

Smyles from Myles

We haven't yet captured a picture of Myles smiling, but we hope to soon. The best time to initiate a Myles Smyle is early in the am- maybe around 6 or 7 after he's just awoken from a short nap. It usually takes some slight physical persuasion like a tickle to the neck or a rub on the forehead. The Myles Smyle won't last long, but it's enough to keep you happy the whole day through. Our youngin' hasn't slept much for the past two nights and we're hoping for a good one tonight. We never know whether it's gas, spicy breast milk or just plain fussiness. One thing's for sure: it feels like a lifetime of patience is being tested each night. This is poppie speaking- Mandy may have a different answer. However, all is good in the morning after one look at his beautiful blue eyes and smooth cheeks.

We're looking forward to a visit from Mandy's sister and family this Wednesday. Brenna and her son Kaleb are coming to us from Utah. They're scouting out job prospects in this region and hope to move here. It will be great to be closer and we hope things work out soon.

I'm back at work full-time working on a lot of greenway projects. I come home for lunch everyday now and I like that it forces me to break from work. Mandy goes to Ohio this weekend. She's the keynote preacher for a methodist conference up there and we're excited about the opportunity. I'll be holding down the fort with Myles. I may invite a friend to come by and hold Myles while I walk Juniper. This will also come in handy for other things and save me the need for a diaper myself. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the challenge of being one-on-one with my son for 36 hours, but look forward to certain bragging rights. I've changed a lot of diapers in a day-maybe six of seven-but this weekend's going to bring me to a whole other level. If Mandy and I are currently level-2 diaper swappers then I expect I will be a level 4 come Sunday.

More to come soon including new pictures of Myles (maybe smiling). This post is dedicated to our dear friend Paul in Connecticut. Big shout out to Paul!

1 Comments:

Blogger p-fitz said...

I feel like a celebrity- a "shout out" in the Hendler-Voss Dispatch! Sweet!

It's about time I got some credit around here. You know, if you think about it, you two would probably never have met if I hadn't been such a great ASP staffer with Mandy, thereby encouraging her to return to ASP the next summer, which resulted in her meeting Seth, which led to the marriage, the house, and Myles. Now that I think about it, why wasn't this baby named after me?!

Great talking to you last night Voss.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home