Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mr. Gerber, Your Replacement Has Arrived




We had a wonderful Mothers Day. Bob and Gail arrived at our house on Saturday afternoon with a 5 lb bucket of fresh strawberries from the farmers market and a hanging plant. We walked downtown and went shopping for art and truffles. I choose the french kiss truffle which made my legs wobble as it went down. On Saturday night we went to the Tourists baseball game. The Tourists are our City's minor league team. They played the Charleston Riverdogs and won. We drank 24 oz beers while Bob schooled us all about the game of baseball. Sunday Mandy preached a wondeful mothers day sermon and her friend Liz came all the way from Baltimore to surprise her. We went out for brunch and spent the afternoon in a food coma daze before we were awakened by strawberry short cake ala Gail. This year Mothers Day took on a whole new meaning for me for obvious reasons. I am so incredibly proud of the job Mandy is doing as a new mother. She has and endless supply of love for Myles and treats him as gently as a butterfly without any reservations of complaints. I look at her with so much awe these days. During the birth I developed a huge respect and admiration for Mandy's strength and courage and just when I thought my love for her couldn't grow stronger, I see her with our baby boy and I'm infatuated all over again. Happy Mothers Day baby!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Awww - what a sweet note from daddy Seth. I'm so glad you all had such a nice Mothers Day. I was thinking of you!

9:33 AM  
Blogger MCD said...

what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!

Love, Mary

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home