Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mama's 30!



Seth was very good to me this birthday. On Tuesday, we went to Colleen and Tom's to babysit for the girls while they went to a meeting. When we got there, Colleen and the girls came out with a homemade chocolate birthday cake, sang to me, and told me that we weren't babysitting, they were babysitting Myles for us so Seth could take me out to dinner! Seth orchestrated the whole thing so convincingly (either that or this lack of sleep is really getting to me), I had no idea. Then he even gave me a gift of a visit to a really nice spa. We don't usually get big gifts for each other, so I actually cried (again, it's that lack of sleep). Before we left Colleen and Tom's, though, I was feeding Myles when Lydia approached. She's 4 years old. She said, "Um, Amanda, is that cow's milk or rice milk that you're feeding him?" (I was breastfeeding). I said, "Lydia, it's human milk." She said, "Oh, what's that?" So Colleen explained it to her and told her that was what she ate when she was a baby too...a very cute moment.

As you can see, Myles now wears a bib as if it's his second skin. Lots of drooling going on. Twice this week he has rolled from his back onto his side, but he hasn't gotten all the way to his tummy yet.

I'm lovin life at 30...thankful for so many blessings! Onto Mother's Day!

3 Comments:

Blogger p-fitz said...

Happy birthday Voss!

6:02 AM  
Blogger MCD said...

Glad to hear you had a great birthday!! Thanks for continuing to share such great pictures!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Kara Melissa said...

Have a wonderful first Mother's Day, it sounds like your birthday was perfect.

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home