Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Back from the Big City

Just had to share this beautiful photo of Myles. It was taken on Sunday at church when we blessed the land that will become our community garden. The kids dipped fingers in water and sprinkled it around, along with seeds and soil.

On Friday and Saturday we were in Atlanta so I could attend the "This Far By Faith" conference of the Black Church and Domestic Violence Institute. Over the years, I have been blessed with deepening friendships with some of the women who attend this conference; they are truly some of the most intelligent, beautiful, courageous and compassionate women I know. The conference was brilliant, a rich retreat for me to be inspired by all that these women are doing to work for peace in their communities, churches, and selves. In the words of Ben Harper, "I am blessed to be a witness."

While I was at the conference, Seth and Myles were busy at the zoo and having fun with old friends who hosted us at their beautiful home. The temperature, by the way, managed to hit 80 degrees! It was gorgeous.

Mylestones: Naps are on the wane. Today Myles made me his first ever spontaneous, self-led art project...he ripped pieces of black construction paper and pasted them on another piece of black construction paper, and it was quite beautiful in this mama's opinion. Cleaned it up all by himself as well. When I asked what it was, he said "an erection dinosaur." Hmm.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Sad I missed your visit.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Amanda Hendler-Voss said...

Grrl, you were outta town.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Kara Melissa said...

It is indeed a gorgeous photo of Myles. I look forward to visiting your church garden someday. Sounds like an amazing visit/conference in Atlanta.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home