Saturday, November 07, 2009

Seth the Superhero





So the title of this post isn't actually referencing the above photograph of our beloved superstar, as handsome as he is with a handlebar mustache. It refers to the FIRST PLACE (yes, I'm shouting now) award he received in today's Asheville Pizza Brew superstar 5k, which he managed to complete in a dizzying 17:20. For this feat, he received a 5X7 tile that we must find a way to incorporate into the decor of our house. Seth's only flaw in this race is that he failed to dress like a superhero. I did, however, manage to see the fastest costumed superhero in the race, who wore a zip up red face mask with golden lightning bolts coming out of the side and a blue cape. He ran with a kid whose body was painted red. As I've mentioned before, never a dull moment in Ashvegas. It's a good thing Seth doesn't keep up with this blog any more, or I might get an exasperated talking-to for bragging about his race. But he deserves it. The man can fly.

Myles had an excellent Halloween, nevermind the rain. We found the closest thing to a purple monster costume that we could find, and lucky us, it was on consignment. He refused the hood, and could barely put one foot in front of the other as we trick-or-treated down Montford, so wide were his eyes with every costumed kid we passed.

Myles Says: A new addition to our blog posts, one I believe will be used with great frequency in the coming months. A few days ago I asked Myles, "What do you think we should get Finn for his birthday?" Myles: "How 'bout a cake?" Later, he was pantless (potty training demands it!) and pulling his t-shirt down in the front, and back between his legs. Mama: "What are you doing, Myles?" Myles: "I'm patting my butt." Mama: "Why?" Myles: "Because I love my butt."

And with that, I'll sign off for the night happily, as it looks like that health care bill will pass momentarily...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Your boys are both so cute!

3:29 PM  
Blogger AnneSchuette said...

I agree with Ashley.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Kara Melissa said...

I love the new addition to the posts, Myles says. It's so fun to read what he is saying! How cute.

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home