Saturday, February 14, 2009

In Gratitude for Love

"I hold this to be the highest task of a bond between two people: that each should stand guard over the solitude of the other...For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." --Rainer Maria Rilke, read at our wedding

"I love you when you are silly. I love you when you are sad. I love you when I am away. I love you when we are cuddled up close. I love you when you sleep. I love you when you don't sleep. I love you when we dance. I love you when we stroll. I love you when you are sick. I love you when you feel better. I love you when you are stinky. I love you when you are squeaky clean. Most of all, I love you just the way you are." from the I Love You Book by Todd Parr, a Christmas gift to Myles from us

"To live in the world you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, to let it go." --Mary Oliver, inscribed on the locket I won just before my birthday last year

'nuf said. Happy Valentines Day! Now go out and celebrate every kind of love you have in your life...

P.S. I saw the first crocuses and daffodils of the year this week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home