Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Wednesday

No photo to share, but thought I'd blog anyway. 10am dentist appointment and I had a cavity to show for it. They now do digital photos of your teeth on the spot so I got to see a frighteningly large photograph of my tooth with a brown spot where the cavity is. Yuck! 6:00pm guac tour. Sweet Cindy invited me along on the third guacamole tour of Asheville, this time we went to Chorizo, where they make the guac from fresh, organic avocado, tomatoes and lime right in front of your face. Presentation, presentation, presentation! I hadn't planned to go, trying to simpify with the finances and all, and then (no kidding) an unexpected check arrived in the mail today for a preaching opportunity I had, and I decided to treat myself...the margarita wasn't half bad either. The walk home made me think of the beach...it was a hot night, but a cool breeze was blowing and I love those moments when the weather is not too hot and not too cold but just right.

A few verses of Mary Oliver to share:

"The trees whispering peace, peace, and the birds in the shallows are full of the bodies of small fish and are content. They open their wings so easily, and fly. So. It is still possible."

Wishing you an evening full of possibility!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home